- serves 4
- 2 1/ 2 cups (375 g) fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 1/ 2 cups (625 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 large sprigs rosemary
- 1/ 2 teaspoon peppercorns, crushed
- 1/ 3 cup (80 ml) cold water
- 6 teaspoons grass-fed powdered gelatine
- 1/ 4 cup (60 ml) COLLAGEN Inner Beauty Boost
- edible flowers, to decorate
Blackberry & vanilla 'Cream'
- 1/ 2 cup (75 g) fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/ 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 1/ 2 cups (375 ml) natural yoghurt
- If using jelly moulds, lightly grease four 1 cup (250 ml) capacity moulds with coconut oil and refrigerate to set.
- Combine the blackberries, water, maple syrup, rosemary and peppercorns in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil. Decrease the heat and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse, until cool.
- Strain through a sieve lined with muslin cloth. Gather up the edges to form a bundle and squeeze to extract all of the liquid and flavour. Discard the solids.
- Pour the water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the surface in an even layer. Set aside for 10 minutes, to soften.
- Place 1 cup (250 ml) of the blackberry liquid into a small saucepan and gently heat, until hot. Add the softened gelatine and stir to combine. Pour back into the remaining blackberry liquid and mix well. Add TBC collagen liquid and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared moulds or alternatively serving glasses. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until completely set.
- To prepare the blackberry and vanilla ‘cream’, combine the blackberries, maple syrup and vanilla in a small saucepan. Gently heat for 3–4 minutes, until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Place the yoghurt in a medium bowl. Add the cooled blackberry mixture fold through to create a ripple effect.
- Serve jellies with blackberry and vanilla ‘cream’. Decorate with edible flowers and a little freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.