Eat your way to a radiant complexion with this smooth and sumptuous dessert...
With a teaspoon of GLOW Inner Beauty Essential in every serving, these mousse pots are the ultimate way to nourish your gut and feed your skin from within. Containing 18 Certified Organic bio-fermented wholefoods, and now with even more nutrients, GLOW is a delicious source of skin-protective antioxidants and phytonutrients, as well as vitamin C for collagen formation, and zinc for healthy hair and nails.
The addition of blueberries in this recipe has an anti-inflammatory effect, while gelatin powder is rich in glycine, an amino acid that plays a vital role in maintaining the mucosal lining of the gut. And of course, you’ll be getting a skin-nourishing serve of healthy fats from both the coconut and the macadamias!
For the mousse...
1/3 cup (80ml) cold water
2 tsp grass-fed gelatin
1 cup (140g) raw macadamias, soaked in cold water for 4 hours and drained
1 cup (250ml) coconut cream
1 cup (120g) fresh or frozen & thawed, blueberries
1 tbsp GLOW Inner Beauty Essential
1 cup (250g) unsweetened coconut yoghurt, plus extra to serve
Edible flowers & toasted coconut to serve
For the Blueberry Compote...
½ cup (60 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tsp pure maple syrup
1. Pour the water into a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface in an even layer. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
2. To prepare the blueberry compote, simmer the lime juice, maple syrup and ½ cup of blueberries in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 2 minutes, or until berries have softened and the liquid has reduced to a syrup. Mash blueberries using the back of a fork to coarsely puree. Transfer into a small bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
3. Place the bowl of softened gelatin over a small saucepan of almost-simmering water, until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside for 1-2 minutes.
4. Place the macadamias and half of the coconut cream into a high-speed blender and blend on low until finely pureed. Add the remaining coconut cream and blend on medium-low, until smooth and creamy. Next, add the remaining blueberries, GLOW powder and melted gelatin and blend to combine. Transfer mixture into a medium bowl. Add the coconut yoghurt and gently fold through. Pour into four 1½ cup (375 ml) capacity serving bowls or ramekins and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
5. Top with additional coconut yoghurt, blueberry compote. Add edible flowers and toasted coconut if desired. Enjoy!