July, 2018 // inner beauty
Get set to be inspired because Melissa Ambrosini is one of a kind. Best-selling author, podcast host, motivational speaker and health coach, entrepreneur and self-love teacher – Melissa is passionate about spreading her philosophy that love is sexy, healthy is liberating and wealthy isn’t a dirty word.
Having overcome her own health struggles, Melissa draws on her own experiences to empower women across the globe to live their dreams…
Congratulations on Open Wide. This is your second book, when do you know it’s time to put pen to paper? Is it a feeling or is it something that your tribe asks of you?
- It was more a feeling, an energy. The universe tapped me on the shoulder and said, ‘you must write this because the world needs it’. So I listened and got to work.
I love how you have been talking about the masculine and feminine energy that we all have, it got me wondering, how do you celebrate both in your life?
- I celebrate both my masculine and feminine energy by fully embracing both. For example, there are times that really call for me to step into my more masculine energy, like when I am about to walk out on stage and speak in front of thousands of people or, when I am sitting in a business meeting with my accountant looking at profit and loss statement or talking to my husband about finances. Those times require more of my masculine energy. Then there are times that really call for me to step into my feminine energy. For example, when Leo, my stepson, comes to me crying about something that happened at school that day or, when I am cooking dinner for my boys or when I’m holding space for my bestie as she releases over a breakup. The beautiful thing about both energies is that we all have both and one cannot exist without the other. The art is learning how to elegantly dance between the two energies as effortlessly as possible. That’s my aim!
You’ve spoken a lot about the defining moment that your body stopped you in your tracks in 2010. I’d love to know, in more recent years, have you had any moments in your life that have really stopped you in your tracks and helped you change or tweak life’s course?
- Since 2010 I have very much been on my path so there hasn’t been anything that has made me change or tweak my life course. But a defining experience in February 2016 made me dramatically change the way I looked at life and that was when my best friend passed on – it was a life-altering experience. This was the first time anyone close to me has left this physical world and it really hit me how precious life is. From that experience I have never taken a day for granted. I am so grateful for my health and life and I make sure I express that daily. I am so grateful to be alive, here on earth and in this physical body – what a gift it is.
What is next on the horizon for Melissa Ambrosini?
- More of everything! More books. More sharing my message and spreading the love. More podcasts. More speaking all over the world. Just continuing to do more of what I am already doing. My life is so beautiFUL and I love it.
What does inner beauty mean to you?
- Inner beauty is real beauty. For years I thought beauty meant how I looked on the outside and what I wore on my body or the makeup on my face, but real beauty comes from deep within. Real beauty is about how kind you are to yourself and others. Inner beauty is what matters most.
Can you give us an example of a time you’ve listened to your gut instinct?
- My whole life and business is now built on listening to my gut instinct or what I like to call my intuition. So yesterday I listened to it when it told me what to eat, how to move my body, and that I needed to say ‘no thank you’ to the dinner invite and instead have a date with my bath and an early night. I listen to my intuition every day and whenever I don’t, the universe is always there to give me a slap on the bum. There is always a price to pay when we ignore our intuition, so follow it and listen to it always.
What do you do to get your daily GLOW on?
- I meditate twice a day and eat all organic wholefoods. I cut out gluten, dairy and sugar and drink clean filtered water. I go to bed early and get eight hours sleep every night. I spend time in nature, move my body daily and limit stress as much as possible. I laugh, spend quality time with loved ones and have as much fun as I possibly can every single day.
I keep having to remind myself that… love is all that truly matters.
It’s that feeling when you… wake up from the best, deep eight hours sleep of your life and you feel like a superhero. Epic!
When I’m on a plane I always… make sure I am super prepared with all my inflight goodies such as filtered water, essential oils, socks, my own food, eye mask, ear plugs, noise-cancelling headphones, blue-blocking glasses, a scarf, a good book and loads of podcasts ready to listen to.e
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.