These flavours blend so beautifully, as do the nutrients, with the oil-soluble antioxidants in the tomato and asparagus made more available for the body to use by the olive oil.
- 3 bunches asparagus
- 250g mini Roma or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1⁄3 cup (60g) pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets, cut lengthways into thin strips/span>
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. .
- Snap o and discard the woody ends of the asparagus. Lay the asparagus on a large baking tray.
- Scatter the tomatoes, olives, garlic and anchovies over the asparagus. Generously drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the asparagus is tender and tomatoes softened.
- To serve, transfer onto a large serving plate. Finely grate lemon zest over the top.
Looking for more recipe inspiration? Download our FREE Belly Beautiful e-Book, filled with snack and smoothie recipes for inner and outer beauty.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.