Sweet Potato Pie and Cashew Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 1/2 cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) water
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) sweet potato, peeled, cubed and steamed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml / 2 1/12 oz) almond milk
- 1/4 frozen banana
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- coconut cream, to serve (optional)
- toasted flaked coconut, to serve (optional)
- Soak the cashews in enough cold water to cover for 1 hour, or up to overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Place the cashews and remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend together to make a thick smoothie.
- Pour into a tall glass. Drizzle with coconut cream, if desired, and dust with extra cinnamon to serve. Top with toasted flaked coconut if desired.