The evening is a time to wind down, mentally and physically, from the day. We love this delicious pudding because it is light and soothing, and designed to promote a calm and restful sleep while delivering skin and belly benefits.
In the recipe, we've included our SLEEP Inner Beauty Powder, a delicious bio-fermented turmeric and spice blend for beauty and well-being, with passionflower and lemon balm, traditionally used in western herbal medicine to promote a calm and restful sleep.
High-fibre buckwheat is an excellent source of collagen-building manganese and copper and helps improve digestion. Tasty goji berries are a rich source of flavonoids that help maintain a healthy glow as well as polysaccharides that firm and tighten the skin and increase hydration.
What can we say but … sweet dreams.
– serves 1
- 1/ 4 cup (50g) buckwheat groats*, soaked in cold water overnight
- 3/ 4 cup (180ml) water
- 1/ 2 cup (125ml) drinking coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/ 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans, to serve
- 1/ 2 pitted medjool date, thinly sliced lengthways, to serve
- 1 teaspoon goji berries, to serve
- Marigold petals, to serve (optional)
1/ 2 cup (125ml) drinking coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon SLEEP Inner Beauty Powder
- Drain and rinse the soaked buckwheat.
- Place the buckwheat, water, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil then decrease the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 25–30 minutes until buckwheat is tender and a creamy porridge consistency.
- To prepare the SLEEP milk, gently warm the milk in a small saucepan, until tepid. Add the TBC SLEEP Inner Beauty Powder and stir to combine.
- Serve the buckwheat pudding warm, at room temperature or cold in a bowl, topped with warm SLEEP milk. Serve with pecans, sliced date, goji berries and marigold petals.
Visit The Digest for more beauty and wellbeing inspiration.