August, 2019 // recipes
This lovely recipe is one of our all-time favourite soups from The Beauty Chef Gut Guide. It contains okra, a highly nutritious veggie that's a great source of gut-loving fibre, as well as skin-protective antioxidants.
- 250 g (9 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250 g (9 oz) 100% buckwheat noodles
- 2 tablespoons dried instant wakame flakes
- 1 litre (34 fl oz/4 cups) Vegetarian Broth or chicken
- Bone Broth (page 229 of the Gut Guide), or store-bought stock
- 250 ml (81⁄2 fl oz/1 cup) water
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled & very thinly sliced
- 250 g (9 oz) soft (not silken) tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 g (7 oz) okra, halved lengthways
- 60 g (2 oz/1⁄4 cup) shiro (white) miso paste
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- Togarashi, for sprinkling, to serve
If you’re not vegetarian, make sure to make the miso ginger broth with chicken bone broth – it will help to soothe and seal the gut. You can also swap the tofu for some steamed chicken or fish; simply slice or flake it and add to serve.
The Beauty Chef GUT GUIDE
Delicious recipes for radiant skin, gut health and wellbeing.